Hashtags: #LinksysPh #LinksysMR8300 #GamingMesh #router
Cebu Blogger: The internet has already become a necessity in our modern world and each household would really wanted to be fully-equipped when it comes to wifi connectivity for the entire family to use. How much more if there are "online gamers" in the pack? The house definitely needs to be wifi-capable at each nook of it.
So do we need a high quality router to boost our connectivity that will last us a lifetime in the gaming world? The answer is definitely a YES! Why not, right?
At this point of time, faster speed and ease in getting connected while enjoying our favorite games online should be on top of our Tech checklist.
The MR8300 is a high-performance router that delivers up to 2.2 Gbps of superior speed and is ideal for homes that require massive bandwidth for 4k entertainment and peak mobile gaming. The router is powered by a 716 MHz quad-core processor that improves overall network performance for faster wired, wireless, and WAN to LAN speeds.
Let's check the speedtest while connected to the MR8300 router using Hive Co-working cafe's wifi service.
How much is the Linksys MR8300?
The recommended retail price is Php 10,995.
It can be purchased at the ff:
Complink, Datablitz, Microvalley, Octagon Computer Superstores, PC Worx, Silicon Valley, Villman Computers, and Thinking Tools.
It interested, here's one thing that will keep you thinking about it.
There will be an exclusive launch promotion [Get a Belkin Premium Items + Linksys Card up to Php 8,700 Worth of Freebies from 17 September 2019 to 15 October 2019 or while stocks last].
Who will need it?
This is a product that will best suit for personal (mobile gamers) or home entertainment consumers (medium-sized to large-sized family users) and not of a medium or large scale enterprises. It means, the same quality and functionality but easy to install and much affordable available for the regular customers.
Any benchmark test done?
It has been tested by a third party company, Tolly. Result shows that the MR8300 performed at least 71% better than competition routers in a real-world congested environment consisting of six gaming cell phone clients and another 21 active (and idle) devices that were connected to the test routers. MR8300 achieved an average ping-time of 7.3ms against other competitor routers while heavily loaded with mobile gaming clients and background application traffic. For entertainment, MU-MIMO and Beamforming technology also work to ensure that high-performing devices – like smart TVs, laptops and phones – can connect to the Internet through faster and dedicated WiFi channels.
“Asia Pacific accounts for an impressive 47% share of the global mobile gaming market and is set to generate over $72.2 billion by the end of 2019. With this number only set to grow yearly, Linksys is poised to deliver networking solutions that match consumer demands.” said Jason Villados, Linksys Philippines Country Manager. “The MR8300 is a hybrid router that combines high-performance features from our Max-Stream series with the Intelligent Mesh of the award-winning Linksys Velop Mesh WiFi System that has been well-received globally.”
Let's get a bit technical here
Enjoying seamless roaming while mobile gaming over Linksys Intelligent Mesh™ Technology
The Linksys MR8300 router is built with Linksys Intelligent Mesh™ Technology, and users have the flexibility to grow the WiFi coverage in their homes by adding Velop™ nodes to the system.
• Self-Organise – The MR8300 and Velop™ nodes work together to cover any floor plan and WiFi footprint
• Self-Optimise – WiFi bands and channels adjust based on your WiFi habits
• Self-Healing – If a node loses power or connection to the system, the remaining nodes re-establish connections to each other and the internet
• One Network – Supports one network name and password, one admin login, one interface for management and monitoring, and one guest network for the whole home
• Seamless Roaming for whole home gaming – When you add one or more Velop™ nodes to the MR8300, they will communicate with each other to form a single, unified wireless network.
The MR8300 AC2200 Router features a robust set of advanced offerings:
Technical Specification Details
• Four external fixed antennas with high-power amplifiers
• WiFi AC2200 867 Gbps (2 – 5 GHz) + 400 Mbps (2.4 GHz)* with MU-MIMO
• 5 GHz radio - 867 Mbps*
• 2.4 GHz radio - 400 Mbps*
Processor & Memory
• 716 MHz Quad Core
• 256 MB Flash and 512 MB SD RAM
WAN and LAN Connectivity
• 5 Gigabit Ethernet Ports:
o 1x WAN
o 4x LAN
Security WPA2/WPA-Mixed, WPA2-Personal
Wtfast Integration (Premium 6-month access)
• 6 months FREE wtfast membership
• wtfast eliminates lag by optimizing your game traffic through the world’s largest private gaming network
• Receive FREE unlimited access to the PC Game Launchpad which supports over 1000 online games
• Linksys Shield is a premium subscription software service for users to block unwanted content / categories and provide an additional layer of digital protection for your connected devices and family
o Users have the ability to set detailed policies to ensure that their loved ones and children are safe in the digital world
My personal observation in terms of its aesthetics and design:
The MR8300 looks like a drone from afar with 4 antennas built-in.
It has tiny square holes or like a mesh on its overall design for air circulation. So be extra careful with liquid spillage!!!
The Velop mesh wifi is a series of nodes to ensure wifi signal coverage all throughout the closed space like a home.
It's sleek in design. It pretty much looked like a speaker from a far.
The mesh design will as well allow air flow circulation. And again, avoid liquid spillage to it.
Snapshot during the Linksys MR8300 launching event here in Cebu:
|Mr. Jason Villados- Linksys Country Manager in the Philippines|
|Mr. Kristian Anquillano|
|Congrats to Keds (@pinkflushedcheeks on IG) for winning the MR8300 router|
How can you connect with me?
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/hersheykissesme/
Sealed with a kiss,